Thursday, March 29, 2007

Kid's Art Folder Project

I have been looking for months for an art portfolio for my little artist's projects from school. Some of those pre-school projects are HUGE and I didn't want to ruin any of her artwork........so here is a very simple & very inexpensive way to keep those projects stored:
You will need the following supplies:
22"x28" posterboard
Velcro tabs/strips
Hole Punch
Thick yarn
Scissors
Markers/Stickers/Embellishments
Instructions:
1. Fold over the posterboard 13", leaving a 2" overhang for the closure.
2. Punch holes on both sides to be sewn with the yarn. Make sure you do not punch holes into the top flap.
3. Attach velcro strips under the flap for the folder's closure. I used 3 strips but 2 are plenty.
4. Once you have sewn up the sides, be sure to sew all the way back down and tie the yarn in a knot. Cut off excess yarn.



Project courtesy of Lisa Miller, www.TheScrapPrincess.com ©2007

2 comments:

kardel said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! I have been keeping everything in a box wondering what to do with it. I was trying to figure out a way to cut it to fit into a scrap book or something. So simple, but so brilliant!!! Thank you!

Michelle said...

What a great idea! Little man has just started bring home projects and I have now idea what to do with them. I guess now I do! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...