Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Starbucks For a Buck?

Starbucks is testing a new marketplace strategy with $1 cup of joe & free refills. It is currently being offered in the Seattle area Starbucks cafes....wonder if it will catch us here on the East Coast? And I am wondering how offering cheaper cups of coffee will help it's image. I prefer Starbucks coffee over other fast-food chains not only for the taste & selection but also because of the ambiance. Who sits in McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts to relax or listen to some cool new music? I surely don't and am completely perplexed as to how this is going to save Starbucks from its competition. Travel the path of least resistance is for the mundane. What happened to the experience? This Starbucks fanatic won't be partaking in the $1 cup of coffee. I'll take my regular - venti, mocha latte, skim milk, no whip - thank you very much!

2 comments:

Lucy Guiliano said...

Isn't that dollar cup really, really tiny or something? I'm with you, I go for the atmosphere, not the price ... but even better than Starbucks are my local haunts: Klekolo & Javapalooza!!!!

ShellyH said...

I would love to see Starbucks offer that here in PA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...