Digital Scrapbooking - How to Begin
To begin the series on digital scrapbooking, here is a list of some necessary tools you will need to start your digital layouts.
1) A computer with at least 256 mb RAM. You do not neccesarily need huge amounts of memory but you will need space on your pc in order to open up some images that are quite large in size. One 12x12 digital paper file can be 1-2 mb depending on the dpi (which is the quality of the image). Some complete digital scrapbooking kits can be between 10-12mb in size and I suggest you open what you need and keep the rest of the graphics closed until you do.
2) A digital image editing program such as Corel© Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, Ulead PhotoImpact or a digital scrapbooking program. You can find the trial versions of these programs at their respective websites.
3) Digital photographs. You can either upload your images from your digital camera, get a photo disc made where you have your 35mm film developed or scan images into your pc.
4) Digital Scrapbook Elements such as paper backgrounds, alphabets, embellishments, etc. You can purchase digital scrapbooking kits at http://www.thescrapprincess.com/Digital_Scrapbook_Kits.html
5) Photo Printer & Paper. You can purchase a 12x12 printer specifically for printing out 12x12 layouts or you can opt to print out the layouts on 8-1/2x11 sheets. Whichever size you decide to use, be sure to keep that in mind when you are creating your pages in your digital image editing program.